Sunday, October 21, 2012

Review: Professional 15 Concealer Camouflage Makeup Palette


Product: Professional 15 Concealer Camouflage Makeup Palette

Cost: $4.14
Bought From: buyincoins.com (Check the haul here )

I know that you guys are really excited about this concealer palette and that's why I decided to take a chance with my improving peeling skin and do a FOTD/Review!

First up, lets have a look at the swatches

My thoughts about the various shades:


Shades 1-4 are those of a color corrector wheel and while the shade 1 is a highlighter, shades 2,3,& 4 are green, purple and yellow respectively. These shades are creamy like the other shades in the palette but do not have as good a coverage as the others. Because these are color correctors and need to be topped off with a concealer matching your skin tone-i dont mind the fact that they don't give heavy coverage.

Shades 5,6 & 7 are for pale skin tones and can also be used in the under eye area by people who are not on the darker side of the spectrum...

Shades 8-11 would be the perfect choice of concealer for most Asian skin tones as these colors have a yellow undertone.

Shades 12-15 are for darker girls, but 13,14,15 can easily be applied by most Indian for contouring different parts of their face. 

Overall: These colors are really creamy even though you may feel otherwise when you first feel the color with your fingertip. However, I would suggest that you use your fingertips for using this concealer palette and not work with brushes. The reason why I say this is because by using your finger tips you will be able to maneuver your fingertip in the concealer in a manner that your body heat will bring out the creaminess of the color in the pot. And it really does have a heavy coverage, concealed all my humongous pores!

I didnt want to take too many risks on my face (considering the hypersensitive condition of my face these days) so I decided not to apply a foundation and work with the concealers in the palette. And here's a quick FOTD I achieved by using the concealer palette as a foundation and as a contouring palette.


Products Used:
1. professional 15 concealer palette- 
       Shade 12 all over the face, in place of a foundation (it has a pink undertone)
       Shade 1 for highlighting center of the nose, the chin, forehead, and upper portion of the cheek
       Shades 13-15 for contouring the sides of the face and the nose
2. For my eyes I used the Estee Lauder eyeshadow due in Apricot/Chocolate
3. I used the shade orange from the 10 color makeup blush palette (also from buyincoins.com)
4. On my lips I have Colorbar's Obsessed Orange (Review up next!)
5. Mascara: Clinique

P.S: What you see inside my nose is the inner portion of my nose ring :P

For a closer look; I have all the under eye problems that you can imagine-but I think these concealers did a pretty good job

Oh! And I have a really bad case of acne scarring and blemishes, and just so that you know I'm definitely going to keep a backup of this palette!

                           
!

5 comments:

  1. loved the full face pic!! <3

    i was always skeptical to try this out worried how it would work... i am definitely ordering this.. thanks for the detailed review.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome; I'm going to order a back up too!!!

      Delete
  2. Has it ever caused breakouts?
    Can you post the ingredient list?

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...